4-Day Professional General Biofeedback BCIA Program
This innovative 4-day seminar is designed to teach clinicians biofeedback fundamentals and cutting-edge applications. This program covers all 48 hours of the BCIA Didactic Biofeedback Education requirement through powerful demonstrations of biofeedback and adjunctive procedures, imaginative hands-on lab exercises with multi-channel computerized equipment, professional multimedia presentations, and comprehensive review materials. This program integrates personal hands-on training with equipment with didactic presentation.
Participants will learn:
- The foundations of biofeedback
- Physiological basis and recording of surface electromyography (sEMG), temperature, electrodermal activity (EDA), respiration patterns (strain gauges and pCO2), electroencephalography (EEG), peripheral blood flow (BVP), heart rate and respiratory sinus arrhythmia (RSA), and economic biofeedback approaches (including incentive inspirometers and scales)
- How to identifying artifacts and determining appropriate recording
- How to record and interpret data
- How to perform a psychophysiological profile and pre and post data comparison
- The use of adjunctive techniques such as progressive relaxation t raining, autogenic training, imagery, guided breathing, desensitization, mindfulness training, quieting reflex.
- The role of home biofeedback devices such as Freeze framer, Wild Divine, and GSR2
- Overview of clinical and educational applications