DAVID Smart - Sensory Modulated Academic Resilience Trainer (SMART)
- 10 Audio-Visual Stimulation Sessions
- Designed for the unique demands of students
- Isochronic Pulsed Tones, Binaural & Monaural Beats
- Helps with anxiety, energy, memory, sleep and more
The Sensory Modulated Academic Resilience Trainer (SMART) includes 10 Audio-Visual Stimulation Sessions to help students achieve peak mental performance by reducing anxiety, increasing energy levels and memory capability, counteracting negative thoughts, enhancing social skills, and improving sleep quality.
Students today are under extreme pressure to function at an optimum performance level, but the exhausting workload, stress, and negative thoughts can act as barriers, preventing students from achieving their academic potential.
The SMART is similar in design to our Delight model, but the sessions have been modified to account for the unique demands placed on students. We have widened the split frequencies, made it more dissociating, and shortened some of the sessions for students who are pressed for time
- Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets - Our unique Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets were carefully designed to provide you with the most effective and safe light and sound experience. This special patented process allows the Delight to stimulate a different frequency in each hemisphere of the brain. This is essential for mood boosting and mental performance. The Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets for the Delight use eight blue-tinted white LEDs mounted over a silver reflector behind a translucent screen. This disperses the light evenly. Our Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets are specially designed to allow for the left and right visual fields of each eye to be individually stimulated rather than the entire eye. With the Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets, the lights flash into the left visual fields of both eyes, then alternately flashes into the right visual fields of both eyes. This approach allows the ability to stimulate either visual cortex with a frequency different from the other visual cortex. For example, a person who functions strongly from the left brain could have 8 Hz stimulated into the right visual field (and therefore the left brain) to slow down left brain function and have 18 Hz stimulated into the left visual field to increase right brain function.
- Isochronic Pulsed Tones, Binaural Beats and Monaural - The tones of the DAVID Delight are evenly spaced, are of equal pitch and are turned on and off at a specified rate. This is important to enhance the effectiveness of audio entrainment.
- Soft-Off - The gradual lowering of the lights and tones at the end of the session prevents a startle response (also known as somnatic shock). Soft-Off ensures that relaxation and other benefits carry over even after a session has ended.
- Battery Power Indicator - At a quick glance you can tell if your battery has enough power to run your session. New eyeset technology allows for much longer life for your 9-volt battery.
- Easy-To-Find Power, Intensity and Volume Buttons - The power, intensity and volume buttons are raised so that you can make the necessary adjustments easily and quickly, even with your eyes closed. Adjust the intensity of the Omniscreen Eyeset with the easy-to-find INT button.
- 10 Preset Sessions - Two sessions in each category: Energize, Meditate, Brain Booster, Sleep and Mood Booster.
- Sound Sync Sessions - Each category also has a Sound Sync Session to turn your music into an intriguing light show. All sessions include HRV and begin with a 3-stage process that enhances dissociation.
Does this produce have any brainwaves sensors in it? Is it basing anything off of feedback from real-time brainwave measurements?1 answer
This device does not have EEG sensors in it. It does not provide feedback based off of real-time EEG.
The DAVID Smart sessions also include Mind Alives' proprietary randomization process, which helps encourage dissociation and brain frequency tracking to the stimulus.
The Smart features larger easy-to-read, easy-to-operate buttons and allows users to select a session very easily.
It features five distinct categories of sessions: Energize, Meditate, Brain Brightener, Sleep and Mood Booster, with two selections for each category.
The Smart also features night-vue ability, which allows the user to see the session select buttons in the dark at bedtime or at night.
Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) uses flashes of lights and pulses of tones to gently and safely guide the brain into various brain wave patterns to boost your mood, help with sleep, sharpen your mind and increase your level of relaxation. Our AVE devices are also used successfully to boost physical performance for athletes, academic performance for students and cognitive performance for seniors.
Brainwaves change frequencies based on neural activity within the brain. Each of our senses (vision, touch, smell, taste and hearing) respond to activity from the environment and transmit that information to the brain. The senses of sight and hearing, by their very nature, provide a favorable mechanism to influence brainwaves. By presenting this pulsed audio and visual stimulation to the brain, after a short period of time, the brain begins to resonate, or entrain, at the same frequency as the stimulus. With the DAVID devices, we can slow down the brainwaves for meditating, inducing dream states and improving sleep. The DAVID can also be used to speed up brainwaves to help with improving mood, enhancing mental performance and boosting creativity.
In addition to entrainment, the imagery created by the visual and auditory stimulation provides a focus for the mind and quiets internal dialogue or chatter. The various areas of the brain begin to integrate into one whole functioning unit like the masters of meditation. With the DAVID, it is normal for most people to experience that same peace and tranquility of a meditator with only a half hour of use with any of the DAVIDs.
AVE is not only valuable for clinical use, but it has done wonders for increasing peak performance. Former Mr. Olympia - Bodybuilder Frank Zane states, "I'm in the best shape of my life, and one reason is mind machines." Golfer Rocky Thompson attributes his winning of the PGA to using the DAVID Paradise. Sports Psychologist Tom Hawes has used the DAVID Paradise in training several golfers in the LPGA. Christine Boudrais attributed her Silver Medal at the Lillihammer Olympics to using the DAVID Paradise for relaxing and visualizing.
Michael Hutchison, author of Megabrain, states, "In fact, out of all the mind machines I have evaluated, the DAVID is the one that I keep by my bed for my own light and sound/audio-visual entrainment sessions."
Mind Alive is continuously researching the effectiveness of using the DAVID for a wide variety of applications, allowing us to prove the technology and secure patents for those applications.
Mind Alive has combined years of market research and product development to offer you products with features and benefits not seen on "light and sound" devices (which are usually made for entertainment, not entrainment). All of the DAVIDs meet the necessary Power, Consistency, Frequency and Psychological Compatibility Rules, which are crucial in order for brainwave entrainment to occur effectively and safely. This makes the DAVID devices the most powerful and versatile portable AVE devices on the market today.Warning Epileptics and Photo-Epileptics should NOT use any DAVID without the consent of their physician. Persons with a history of brain seizures, mental disorders or alcohol and/or drug abuse should also not use the DAVID unless first consulting their medical doctor. The DAVID is not recognized as a treatment or cure of any medical condition or disability. However, research suggests that the DAVID is an effective relaxation and meditation tool.
- Tru-Vu Omniscreen Eyesets
- Quality Stereo Headphones
- Stereo Patch Cord
- DAVID Carry Bag
- 9-Volt Alkaline Battery
- AC Adapter
- Quick Start Guide and Comprehensive Operator's Manual