The Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback is the premier association supporting professional biofeedback / neurofeedback activities. The Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB) was founded in 1969 as the Biofeedback Research Society. AAPB is a non-profit organization as defined in Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
AAPB’s mission is to advance the development, dissemination and utilization of knowledge about applied psychophysiology and biofeedback to improve health and the quality of life through research, education and practice. The goals of the association are to promote a new understanding of biofeedback and advance the methods used in this practice.
Biofeedback has become an accepted form of treatment not only within the medical community, but with consumers as well. Today, through the efforts of the AAPB staff, board members and committees, many health care professionals, alternative medicine almost equals traditional medicine in total revenues.
- Encouragement of scientific research and expansion of clinical and educational applications of biofeedback and applied psychophysiology.
- Integration of biofeedback with other self-regulatory methods.
- Promoting high standards of professional practice, ethics, and education.
- Increasing member knowledge through events, publications, educational programs and special interest sections and divisions.
- Making the public aware of biofeedback.
- Great, affordable education programs which can help you improve your expertise with clients and equipment – see the lists of home based and in-person courses on our web site www.aapb.org.
- Earn CEUs toward license renewal while learning about biofeedback.
- Information on how to get lots of training with mentors and certification in biofeedback and nuerofeedback.
- Teleseminars on topics of high interest and importance for expanding your practice.
- Contact with friendly fellow professionals using biofeedback.
- A web site loaded with information about biofeedback.
- A cinical journal that emphasizes articles on treatment, new techniques, and more. View back issues on the AAPB website for free.
- A research journal that brings you information on which techniques actually work. Call or e-mail to request a free sample.
- The AAPB annual meeting brings you up-to-date on the newest advances, brings you into contact with your peers in a welcoming environment, and gives you a chance to see and try just about all the different types of biofeedback equipment. This is where you get a chance to preview the newest advances in biofeedback and neurofeedback technology and take part in hands-on demonstrations.
- Professional liability insurance and life insurance programs.
- Membership Sections/Division open to all AAPB members for networking and additional educational opportunities within your area of specialty.
- The AAPB Provider Directory, an online, consumer-access directory that you can participate in and allow prospective clients to locate you through this cost-effective service.
- Discounts on all AAPB publications.
Membership in AAPB is open to professionals interested in the investigation and application of applied psychophysiology and biofeedback, and in the scientific and professional advancement of the field. The AAPB has grown to more than 2,000 members representing the fields of psychology, medicine, nursing, social work, counseling, physical therapy, education and other health care areas. There are many state chapters, and the association has members in many countries.
When you join AAPB, you will receive a FREE provider listing on our online searchable membership directory for one year (a $50 value) and a $20 coupon to use toward any AAPB event or purchase of any item from our bookstore.
Student rates: $55; First time regular members pay $180 and get a free provider listing on our website.
Members receive discounted registration for the annual conference, AAPB’s year-long teleseminar series, and other continuing education programs. Current members who have not yet taken advantage of our events will receive a $20 voucher to be used on top of our already low fees.