BCIA-Accredited Online Psychopharmacology Course
- Self-Paced BCIA-Accredited Online Course
- 45/48 hours of CE for Bio / Neurofeedback Recertification
- Less than $3.00 per credit hour
- Based on Julien’s Primer of Drug Action 13th ed. textbook
This self-paced BCIA-accredited Psychopharmacology online didactic course for Biofeedback and Neurofeedback professionals. This course may be used to satisfy 45 of 48 hours of continuing education for Biofeedback or Neurofeedback recertification.
At less than $3.00 per credit hour, this is one of the most affordable ways to complete almost all of the hours required for re-certification.
Based on the leading Julien’s Primer of Drug Action (13th ed.) textbook by Advokat, Comaty, and Julien, this course covers:
- The Neuron, Synaptic Transmission, and Neurotransmitters
- Epidemiology and Neurobiology of Addiction
- Ethyl Alcohol and Inhalants
- Stimulants: Caffeine and Nicotine
- Cocaine, Amphetamine, and Nonamphetamine Stimulants
- Psychedelic Drugs
- Opioid Drugs
- Antipsychotic Drugs
- Antidepressant Drugs
- Sedative-Hypnotic and Anxiolytic Drugs
- Drugs Used to Treat Bipolar Disorder
- Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
- Geriatric Psychopharmacology
- Challenging Times for Mental Health
Schedule and format
After you enroll in this online course, you must complete it within 1 year of purchase. You can decide when you start and complete this course.
You will purchase Advokat and colleagues’ Julien’s Primer of Drug Use (13th ed.), Worth (publisher), ISBN 978-1464111716, review the corresponding PowerPoints, and must pass 17 chapter exams with scores of 75% or higher.
Each exam will consist of 20 multiple-choice taken on Blackboard CourseSites. You will have unlimited time to complete each exam. You may retake each exam until you achieve a passing score. After submitting answers, you will see an overall score and the questions you missed.
You are encouraged to use the practice testing and animation resources on the publisher’s website, check out the articles, podcasts, and videos in the Web Links section, and to regularly email the instructor with questions about course content.
This online course is comparable in coverage to a 3-credit-hour undergraduate course. To keep its cost low, this course does not provide AMA or APA continuing education credits. We will provide you with a certificate of completion when you complete all 17 chapter exams. Seminars Without Borders is currently applying for BCIA recertification CE credit for Biofeedback and Neurofeedback recertification.
Fred Shaffer, PhD, BCB, Professor of Psychology at Truman State University, has taught Psychopharmacology for two decades.