Health Psychology for BCIA Recertification
- Less than $3 per credit hour
- For Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Professionals
Self-paced BCIA-accredited Health Psychology online didactic course for Biofeedback, HRV Biofeedback, and Neurofeedback professionals. You may use this course to satisfy 45 of 48 hours of continuing education for BCIA Biofeedback, HRV Biofeedback, and Neurofeedback recertification. At less than $3 per credit hour, this is one of the most affordable ways to complete almost all of the hours required for recertification.
Disclaimer: To keep this product affordable, we do not provide AMA or APA continuing education credit.
Based on Brannon, Updegraff, and Feist’s Health Psychology (9th ed.), this course covers:
1. Introducing Health Psychology
2. Conducting Health Research
3. Seeking and Receiving Health Care
4. Adhering to Healthy Behavior
5. Defining, Measuring, and Managing Stress
6. Understanding Stress, Immunity, and Disease
7. Understanding and Managing Pain
8. Considering Alternative Approaches
9. Behavioral Factors in Cardiovascular Disease
10. Behavioral Factors in Cancer.
11. Living with Chronic Illness
12. Smoking Tobacco
13. Using Alcohol and Other Drugs
14. Eating and Weight
16. Future Challenges
Schedule and Format
After you enroll in this online course, you must complete it within 1 year of purchase. You can decide when you start and complete this course.
You will purchase Brannon and colleagues’ Health Psychology (9th ed.) and pass 16 chapter exams with scores of 14/20 or higher. Each exam will consist of 20 multiple-choice taken online. You will have unlimited time to complete each exam. You may retake each exam until they achieve a passing score. After submitting answers, you will see an overall score and the questions you missed.
We encourage you to check out the optional articles and videos in the Web Links section, and regularly email the instructor with questions about course content. Since this course is an independent study, there are no class discussions, essays, or papers.