Slow Cortical Potentials - Package System
- All-in-one, clinical SCP training solution
- Accurate, time-synced audio/video event measurements
- Includes encoder, software, sensors, av-sync, more
- Protocols based on ground-breaking SCP research
Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback System is the ideal, all-in-one, SCP solution providing clinical protocols that are strictly based on the pioneering work at the University of Tubingen in Germany. The SCP Suite was designed to give clinicians a simple, out-of-the-box functionality, with all of the sophistication necessary for proper clinical SCP.
The Slow Cortical Potential System includes everything you need to incorporate SCP training into your practice. The SCP Suite uses Thought Technology’s ProComp5 or ProComp Infiniti, the EEG-Z3 & EEG-Z sensors, TT-A/V Sync, the highly accurate audiovisual time-synchronizing device. The new Slow Cortical Potential Neurofeedback System provides a simple way of integrating state-of-the-art SCP training clinically.
From a complex science, to a simple solution.
Reliably extracting Slow Cortical Potentials from raw EEG is a complex science. Each event-triggered SCP must be measured with millisecond accuracy & properly controlled for artifacts. Anything less is simply unreliable. Using state-of-the-art technology, the SCP Suite ensures that recorded SCPs are of the highest quality.
- Fully-automated program
- Peer-reviewed protocols
- Research-grade accuracy
- Simple, affordable & easy-to-use system
Training EEG, bi-directionally!
The SCP Suite teaches self-regulation of Slow Cortical Potentials in both directions enabling learning of activation as well as inhibition of overall neural activity. The SCP Suite’s fully-automated & bidirectional protocols will empower your clients to gain confident control over their general brain state.
Review your progress, encourage your success
With each session of the program, print out your client’s detailed report to review their progress, each and every step of the way.
- Direct implementation of the clinical protocol developed by Ute Strehl1,2
- Quick Start Favorites are pre-defined for you. Start a session & review with a single click. Even from a desktop icon!
- Quick, easy interface for SCP training. Simply start a script, and follow the indications.
- Feedback training using positive and negative SCPs.
- Transfer trials for real-world transfer of learned SCP training.
- Artifact correction using dedicated EEG sensor for eye-movement detection.
- Feedback tools include specially selected animations in both single & dual screen configurations.
- Simple reviews include single trial and whole session counts & means for all activities.
- Excel reports are available for every part of the program and detail each session and performance results
- Training cards are included to reinforce client learning outside of the clinic.
Slow Cortical Potentials,or SCPs,are very slow, event-related shifts of the EEG. Unlike the spontaneous, oscillatory activity of higher frequency brain waves traditionally used in Neurofeedback (e.g. Delta, Theta, Alpha & Beta), SCPs are in the range of 0-1 Hz, with 0Hz representing the DC baseline of the EEG signal. SCPs are best captured using protocols comprising discrete, time-locked events, with measurements of low frequency EEG initiated by an external stimulus such as a tone or visual presentation, and lasting up to 8 seconds. While the actual physiological source of SCPs is still a topic of debate, they are considered to be a consequence of synchronous activity of large cell assemblies which are responsible for the initiation of goal directed behavior. The clinical program on which the SCP Suite is based describes a three-phase protocol used to teach clients to voluntarily increase or decrease cortical potentials1,2. It has been demonstrated that negative shifts of potential represent cortical activation and positive shifts represent cortical inhibition. Cortical activation is related to an increase of physiological resource allocation and favors such processes as attention and cognitive function. Cortical inhibition, on the other hand, is linked to the reduction of cortical excitation, leading to a calming of mental processes. In general, training to voluntarily generate negative or positive shifts of SCP levels helps your clients by improving their self-regulation capabilities.
The SCP Suite(SA7985) was designed based on the original SCP research from the University of Tubingen, Germany. Inspired by the work of Ute Strehl & Neils Birbaumer on clinical SCP1,2, it includes everything you need for SCP (Slow Cortical Potential) training. Positive and negative SCPs are trained consecutively in a fully automated scripted session. The feedback includes carefully selected animations, which provide pleasing instructions & feedback on the SCP required. The suite also takes advantage of the full power of BioGraph Infiniti, by using Quick Start favorites, which allow you to start a scripted session and review, report and analyze statistics with the click of a single button or even a desktop shortcut.
- Procomp 5 Encoder
- Biograph Infiniti Software from Thought Technology
- Slow Cortical Potential Software Suite
- EEG-Z sensor (T9305Z)
- EEG-Z3 sensor (T7680)
- Unigel electrodes (T3425)
- TT AV-sync (T7670)