Mindfield eSense Skin Response - GSR sensor for iPhone & Android
- Measure and reduce stress with biofeedback
- Easy and fun to use
- Track progress over time
- Export your session data
The Mindfield eSense Skin Response is a small sensor to measure your skin conductance using two electrodes and the microphone input of your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Control the Magic Blue LED Bluetooth Bulb 4.5W the Magic Blue Bluetooth Bulb or the Philips Hue.
Your skin conductance depends directly on your state of relaxation or stress, making it a commonly used and very precise stress indicator. With the eSense Skin Response, you can identify your stress level and learn to reduce it with biofeedback training.
The eSense provides you with exact feedback about your moment-to-moment stress levels, using dynamic charts, video displays and audio feedback.
eSense now has a headphone jack, so you can listen to music or audio books while training your stress level down!
How Does eSense Skin Response Work?
Skin response, also known as galvanic skin response (GSR), electrodermal response (EDR) or skin conductance (SC) is a method for measuring your skin's electrical conductance, which varies with its moisture level. Conductance is measured in µSiemens (µS) and is the inverse of electrical resistance.
The eSense Skin Response measures skin conductance between two electrodes attached to your index and middle fingers. Active measurement involves applying a very low, unnoticeable voltage to your fingers.
The perspiratory glands of your skin are controlled by your sympathetic nervous system, making their activity a good indicator for stress and activity. This effect is easily visible through the immediate increase in skin conductance following a stimulus. Stimulus can be mental or emotional strain, or taking a sudden, deep breath, or a startling action like someone unexpectedly clapping his or her hands. With eSense, you will see the effects easily!
Conscious control of physiological stress can help you to react more relaxed and more efficiently to many situations. Biofeedback is an established way to learn this kind of control.
Reduce your stress level effectively with the eSense Skin Response everywhere with your iOS, Android, or Amazon device!
eSense Skin Response Features
- Support for Philips Hue & Magic Blue smart lights
Control color and brightness with your skin conductance or skin temperature. All different types of bulbs are supported; color, white, lightstripe, Philips Hue Go, Spots, etc. Let your stress level colorize your living room!
- Markers to set during recording, visible in CSV files
Define several preset marker texts in app settings and set them during runtime with a tap on the flag button
- Continuous sinus tone feedback
Additional to single tones
- More MP3 music files
Expanded listening options for biofeedback training
- New Auto mode
Detects minimum and maximum values in the changable time window for all biofeedback functions that work with a range of values (i.e. tones, smartbulbs, fixation cross color in procedures)
- Adjustable chart colors
Oscilloscope background, chart line, and axis description
- Skin Conductance Response (SCR) algorithm
Detect, visualize, count and CSV export phasic parts of the skin conductance signal. An important marker, used to compare your sessions and track your success in training
- New pie charts
Featuring many parameters to analyse your session (number of SCR, SCR/min, decrease-, steady-, increase-Time, etc.)
- New archive with session comparison
- Function to export all sessions at once as .ZIP file
- Questions presented after each session
Note your position during recording, electrode type and your mood, with optional notes
- Extensive, reworked Help Section
Get the Mindfield eSense App
Hi, I am a University student looking to perform research using the GSR sensors and I want to know if the data that this unit creates can be produced into a spatial setting. Therefore, can this data be transformed into shapefile format?
Thank you1 answer
The data can be exported. You can do what you'd like with the exported data.
Can this device be used with a Kindle Fire tablet?
If you have bluetooth and can download apps the Innerbalance will work with the Kindle Fire
Can I use it with multiple users. Say I finished with myself. Then my family members can use it?1 answer
The eSense can be used with multiple users
May I know how the data is transferred to the mobile device? If it's wired, then which port/connection does it use? Is the data transfer done real-time?1 answer
The Mindfield eSense Skin Response device connects to Android and iOS devices using the headphone jack. For iPhone 7 and up, the lightning to headphone jack adapter is required. Data is sent in real-time to the device.
Can you store data for multiple users at one time?1 answer
There is no feature for storing data for multiple users.
- Mindfield eSense Skin Response Sensor
- 2 hook-and-loop electrodes
- Free Mindfield eSense App
- Detailed instructions for effective biofeedback training
- Adapter for Android devices
Manuals and Data Sheets
- Measurement at 10 Hz (10 values per second)
- Five values per second (averaged) are stored in the app and can be exported via e-mail. In the resulting CSV file, five rows represent one second of data
- Resolution: 18bit, rounded to 2 digits after the decimal point. Not rounded for export to CSV
Which iOS Devices are Supported?
- Apple® iPhone® from 4S
- Apple® iPad® from 2nd Generation
- Apple® iPad® Pro
- Apple® iPod touch® from 5th Generation
- Apple® iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X (in combination with the included Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter)
Which Android Devices are Supported?
- All Android smartphones and tablets from Android 4.4
- Your Android device requires a 3,5mm jack (headphone jack) for external microphones!