Specialized Application Scripts Suite
The first edition of Michael and Linda Thompson's "Setting Up for Clinical Success" Scripts includes 12 neurofeedback scripts. The Thompson EEG scripts for Infiniti encompass the basic conditions for which a practitioner can expect to have a reasonable likelihood of attaining positive outcomes using neurofeedback and/or a combination of neurofeedback and biofeedback.
- Procomp 2
- Procomp Infiniti 8 Channel
- Flexcomp in Procomp Infiniti mode (dip switch settings changed)
- 1A. MyoScan-Pro 400
- 1B. MyoScan-Pro 400
- 1C. EEG-Z
- 1D. EEG-Z
- 1E. SC-Pro/FLex
- 1F. Temp-Pro/Flex
- 1G. HR/BVP-Pro/Flex
- 1H. Resp-Pro/Flex
The Thompson Specialized Application Scripts for ProComp Infiniti works with the Procomp 2, the Procomp 5 and the Procomp Infiniti systems.
Each script attempts to state a goal for the client and, in the instruction screens, to give succinct statements of the following:
- The functional neuroanatomical reasons for the default, initial, 10-20 electrode placement sites suggested and for the enhance and inhibit frequencies used.
- Cautions concerning the necessity of confirming or changing these sites and frequencies after careful QEEG assessment.
- Cautions concerning the necessity of further evaluating the need for other neurofeedback approaches such as coherence or comodulation training.
- Other cautions such as certain types of waves that must not be reinforced.
- The rationale behind using metacognitive strategies for tasks, or for using tasks as stressors, with neurofeedback. These comments may include brief suggestions of when and what metacognitive strategies should be used. [See the Neurofeedback Book for a chapter on metacognition (11)]
- The reasons for combining neurofeedback with biofeedback and the goals the client should strive to attain for each of the psychophysiological measurements.
The instruction screens also attempt to briefly tell the trainer how to usefully use measurements including:
- How to collect statistics in a manner that shows the client how they are progressing in each segment of the session. How to graph the statistics at the end of the session.
- How to rapidly change settings in the channel set to enable the client to follow how they are progressing while the feedback is actually on. This method uses % of time > a threshold constant reading that is visible beside each bargraph.