Electro-Caps - 19 Channel EEG
- Save time during multi-channel EEG acquisitions
- Elastic fabric with recessed, pure tin electrodes
- International 10-20 method of electrode placement
- Available in XS, S, M, L
Electro-caps save time in the acquisition process of multi-channel EEG. The Electro-caps are easy to use and can be quickly connected for recording. 90 day warranty.
Electro-Caps are an EEG electrode application technique. They are made of an elastic spandex-type fabric with recessed, pure tin electrodes attached to the fabric. The electrodes on the standard caps are positioned to the International 10-20 method of electrode placement.
- Extra Small (46-50 cm Green) Part# E1-XSM
- Small (50-54 cm Yellow) Part# E1-SM
- Medium (54-58 cm Red) Part# E1-M
- Large (58-62 cm Blue) Part# E1-L
Sizes in age are approximate; the patient should always be measured to determine proper eeg cap size.
The medium Electro-Cap will fit approximately 65% of all patients over the age of 5. The small cap will fit primarily children from the ages of 2 to 5 years. The extra small cap will fit most children from 9 months to 2 years of age. Sizes in age are approximate; the patient should always be measured to determine proper cap size.
- Standard - Utilizes straps that can be used with a chin strap or body harness (both sold seperately). More commonly used when movement is likely during procedure (i.e. sleep study).
- Surgicial - Utilizes elastic band around the rim of the cap. NO straps. More commonly used when movement of patient is not a concern during procedure.
Ear Lead Attachments
- No - External ear clips will need to be used (sold separately).
- Yes - Ear Leads are built into cap and can connected via pin plug. Ear drop clips required (sold separately).
Does your system require ear lead attachments?
- Mitsar - No
- Brainmaster - No
- Neurofield Q20/Q21 - Yes
- Lexicor - Yes
- Other system? Please contact us if you have questions.
If you are not sure of the Electro-cap configuration that you need, please contact us.
Is there a single plug (parallel port) that connect the cap to the EEG device or does each electrode have to be hooked up directly to the EEG device?
Best regards.1 answer
This uses a parallel port. This doe not use individual leads.
Is this cap compatible with Braincore systems q2 without use of an adapter please let me know stat thank you1 answer
Email a picture of your Braincore II system to firstname.lastname@example.org as I am not familiar with that device.
Sizes available for special order only
There are no returns on these special sizes. Please call us at 800-521-4640 to order.
- Medium / Small (52-56 cm Red / Yellow) Part# E1-MS
- Medium / Large (56-60 cm Blue / Red) Part# E1-ML
Electro-Cap Quick Facts
Use only Ivory or Palmolive liquid detergent for washing your cap. Other soaps and detergents can leave a residue on the electrode surface, causing artifacts and/or impedance problems.
Use only ECI Electro-Gel. Other types of paste and gel can cause artifacts and/or high impedance.
Ensure that all accessory electrodes are the same metal as the electrodes in your cap. All standard ELectro-Caps have tin electrodes. Use of accessory electrodes of a different metal can cause a myriad of problems.
Keep all gel, paste, and moisture away from the connector that plugs into your equipment.